Recipe: Fennel Salted Croutons
Last updated: November 22, 2021, at 11:35 a.m. PT
Originally published: November 22, 2021, at 11:18 a.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small loaf of bread, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Avocado oil spray
- Toast fennel seeds in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and set aside to cool.
- Using a clean coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle, finely grind the fennel seeds.
- Mix ground fennel with salt and pepper and store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the bread cubes out evenly.
- Spray with avocado oil to evenly coat and sprinkle with fennel, salt, to taste.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
TIP: Try it with Roasted Leek & Cauliflower Soup!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA