Recipe: Roasted Leek & Cauliflower Soup with Fennel Salted Croutons
Last updated: November 22, 2021, at 11:34 a.m. PT
Originally published: November 22, 2021, at 11:29 a.m. PT
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only, cut into thick slices
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- Fennel salted croutons – recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss cauliflower, leeks, and garlic cloves with avocado oil and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet until cauliflower is tender – about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a pot and add 2 cups of broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and very carefully, puree the soup until smooth and creamy using an immersion blender or a heat-safe blender (in batches, if needed).
- Add up to one cup more of the broth until you have your desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt or pepper if needed.
- Top with Fennel Salted Croutons just before serving.
TIP: Try with Fennel Salted Croutons!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA