YPlay Challenge: Jump, Squat, Bounce, and Laugh!
Last updated: July 22, 2020, at 2:37 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 16, 2020, at 2:50 p.m. PT
60 Minutes of Play Every Day
Are you missing your favorite sports? Do you need a friend to help motivate you to get moving and playing? Join us for the YPlay Challenge from July 27 through July 31 to encourage physically active kids!
Playful movement is one of the keys to a healthy family home. It doesn't matter what you choose to do. As long as your arms and legs are moving, it's good for you! To get 60 minutes of activity throughout your day just add ten minutes here and fifteen minutes there. It adds up and it all counts, so get playing!
- To start, download the GooseChase App so you're ready to go when the challenge starts. It's free!
- Find the YMCA of Greater Seattle game by entering a game code: 976PJJ or by searching for YPlay - Get in the Game.
- During the week of Monday, July 27 to Friday, July 31, complete as many of the missions as you can. You can do everything in one day, or spread it out all week long. Missions close on different days throughout the week, so pay close attention so you don't miss out.
- Kids can play on their own, with siblings or pets, and even parents can get in on the activity!
- Invite your friends! This challenge is free and open to all, so invite your friends and family, and encourage healthy competition and lots of play, plus earn some bragging rights.
- This challenge is geared toward elementary and middle school age kids, but any age is encouraged to join and play!
Complete all of the missions to support fun play and growth! Missions include:
- Box Jumps
- Sports Heros
- Recess Games
- Hockey Skills
- and so much more!