You Decide Your Future, Not Your Zip Code
In the U.S., the zip code you’re born into can determine your future. From neighborhood to neighborhood, individuals’ ability to access services and resources like healthy food, quality education and healthcare varies vastly. That’s why the Y works to ensure all people can thrive, no matter who you are or where you’re from. From early learning to college prep, year-round meal programs to mentorship, youth housing and violence prevention, the Y’s programs and services help ensure everyone can thrive, regardless of who they are or where they're from.
The Y provides our communities a vast array of programs specially designed for the needs of King County. The price of membership slides based on your income. With your membership, you can access most of our programs for free or low-cost.
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Youth housing for young adults in transition
- Alive and Free, our violence prevention program
- Community of Fostering, our foster care licensing program
- Reduced membership rates so all people, regardless of income can access the Y
- Youth leadership programs like Youth in Government
- Hunger initiatives that ensure all kids and families have access to food especially during the summer
Because of the Y, thousands of people in in our community develop the skills and relationships they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure – helping build equity in communities across the country. At our core, the Y is about helping individuals reach their full potential. The programs we offer across our 13 (14 when our Kent location opens!), are specifically designed to serve the needs of the communities we are part of. To find out how you can get involved and support with your Y, visit our giving and volunteer opportunities page.