Recipe: Warm Lentil Salad
Last updated: May 26, 2022, at 3:12 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2022, at 9:40 a.m. PT
- lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, leaves and stems divided and chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped Italian Parsley
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil until emulsified.
- Cover lentils with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 18 minutes – or until lentils are al dente.
- Drain lentils and add to dressing while still warm.
- While lentils are cooking, heat remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat and add carrots, celery, onion, and chard stems. Season with salt and pepper and saute until beginning to soften – about 5 minutes.
- Add chard leaves and saute until just wilted, and then transfer vegetables to the lentil mixture.
- Toss salad together until well combined and allow to cool slightly before adding pine nuts, goat cheese, and parsley.
Enjoy with Roasted Cauliflower Steaks on the side