Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (With Warm Lentil Salad)
Last updated: May 26, 2022, at 3:10 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2022, at 9:48 a.m. PT
- large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F with the oven rack on the top third of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim green leaves and the base of the cauliflower to create a flat surface.
- Place cauliflower, cut side down, and use a sharp chef’s knife, carefully cut cauliflower into 1” thick slices.
- The outer edges will likely break into florets – that’s ok!
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes – or until the top of the cauliflower steaks are golden brown around the edges, and the undersides are nicely browned.
Enjoy with Warm Lentil Salad on the side
- You can reserve any broken florets for another use OR brush them with oil and season with salt and pepper, and roast alongside the steaks.