Recipe: Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:39 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 2:18 p.m. PT
- 16 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ground ginger
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon tamari
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or ½ teaspoon dried/ground)
- 1/3 cup (+/-) warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into planks that are about ¾” wide
- In a baking dish, whisk together the remaining satay ingredients.
- Add the tofu pieces and spoon marinade mixture to ensure each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or up to an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the drained tofu pieces on the baking sheet, spaced evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While tofu is baking, whisk together the sauce ingredients and place them in a small bowl for dipping.
- Skewer each piece of tofu and lay it on a serving plate with the sauce.