Recipe: Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:39 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 2:18 p.m. PT
- 16 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ground ginger
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon tamari
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or ½ teaspoon dried/ground)
- 1/3 cup (+/-) warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into planks that are about ¾” wide
- In a baking dish, whisk together the remaining satay ingredients.
- Add the tofu pieces and spoon marinade mixture to ensure each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or up to an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the drained tofu pieces on the baking sheet, spaced evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While tofu is baking, whisk together the sauce ingredients and place them in a small bowl for dipping.
- Skewer each piece of tofu and lay it on a serving plate with the sauce.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA