Recipe: Tod Man Khao Pod (Thai Corn Fritters)
Last updated: May 26, 2022, at 1:09 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 26, 2022, at 1:09 p.m. PT
- 2 ears of corn (about 2 ½ cups kernels)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup corn meal
- ½ cup diced green beans
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 makrut lime leaves, minced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Remove kernels from corn cobs (or use frozen) and place in food processor.
- Pulse until some kernels have been broken down but you still have a chunky texture.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, tamari, flour, corn meal, and corn puree.
- Stir in green beans, red curry paste, and lime leaves until combined.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, drop batter, 2 tablespoons at a time into hot oil.
- Gently pat batter as needed to flatten and allow to cook until golden brown – about 1-2 minutes per side.