Recipe: Three Pea Spring Salad
Last updated: April 26, 2022, at 2:32 p.m. PT
Originally published: April 26, 2022, at 2:31 p.m. PT
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, sliced at a bias
- ¾ cup shelled English peas
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces snow peas, sliced at a bias
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Flaky sea salt
- Combine garlic with lemon juice and set aside. Reserve lemon zest for later.
- Prepare an ice bath and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add sugar snap peas and cook for one minute, or until bright green and crisp tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove snap peas from pot and add to ice bath, keeping water on the heat.
- Add English peas to boiling water and cook for about 1 ½ minutes or until also bright green and tender.
- Use slotted spoon to transfer the peas to the ice bath with the snap peas.
- Drain ice bath and dry veggies on a towel lined plate.
- Whisk ¼ cup oil with yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon zest and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread dressing on the bottom of a platter.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss arugula with snap peas, English peas, snow peas, radishes, mint leaves, and remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Transfer salad to the top of the dressing lined platter and season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.