Recipe: Shaved Asparagus Salad
Last updated: April 26, 2022, at 2:34 p.m. PT
Originally published: April 26, 2022, at 2:34 p.m. PT
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 glove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 oz baby arugula
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- In a jar, combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, grated garlic and salt and pepper. Shake until emulsified and set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus, starting at the bottom end and moving towards the spear.
- Combine shaved asparagus with arugula in a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle a bit of dressing on top and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with avocado, parmesan, and pistachios.
- Season with a bit more freshly ground black pepper and any remaining dressing on the side to drizzle as desired.