Recipe: Teriyaki Salmon & Rice Bowls
Last updated: July 25, 2022, at 4:56 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 25, 2022, at 3:43 p.m. PT
- 1 1/2 cup cooked jasmine rice*
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 12 ounces skinless salmon filet, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce + more for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shelled edamame, heated according to package directions
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 green onions chopped
- Divide rice between two bowls.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add salmon, tossing to evenly brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, tamari, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce and pour over salmon.
- Toss salmon in the sauce until sticky and salmon is cooked through.
- Add salmon on top of the rice and divide the avocado, edamame, and carrots.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions and a drizzle of sriracha if desired.
- To make this in a pinch, use frozen cooked rice, reheated until steaming.
- If you prefer to make it at home, simply bring 1 cup of rice and 1 ¼ cup water to a boil over high heat, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest covered for 10 more minutes.