Recipe: Lemon Chicken and Veggie Pasta for One
Last updated: July 25, 2022, at 4:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 25, 2022, at 4:03 p.m. PT
- 2 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spiralized zucchini
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat and add zucchini, spinach and shredded chicken and toss until heated through and spinach has wilted.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve with a bit more parmesan and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Use leftover cooked chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken breast
- You can double up the ingredients to make this for two
- Look for spiralized zucchini in the produce section, the freezer, or make your own with a spiralizer