Recipe: Blackberry Chia Jam
Last updated: July 25, 2022, at 4:54 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 25, 2022, at 3:27 p.m. PT
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Heat berries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until it begins to breakdown.
- Use a muddler or potato masher to mash any remaining pieces of fruit.
- Add the chia, lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey and stir until combined.
- Taste (carefully, it will be hot!) for sweetness and add up to one tablespoon more honey if needed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a glass container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for up to three months.
- This jam can be made from many kinds of fruit. Try other berries, cherries, plums, peaches, or apricots!