Recipe: Tempeh BLT
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 8:15 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 22, 2021, at 10:06 a.m. PT
TEMPEH “BACON” INGREDIENTS
- 1 (8 oz) package tempeh
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Whole grain sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tempeh into thin slices – about ¼” thick.
- Whisk the tamari, oil, maple syrup and smoked paprika in a shallow dish.
- Add tempeh slices to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Allow the tempeh to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the tempeh in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange sandwiches by spreading toasted bread with avocado and layering the lettuce, tomato, and tempeh.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA