Recipe: Crumbled Tempeh Sausage
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 8:16 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 22, 2021, at 10:27 a.m. PT
- 1 (8 oz) package tempeh
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- Crumble tempeh into a skillet and add all ingredients except the oil.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cook until water has been absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium and add oil, cooking until browned.
Sausage can be stirred into marinara sauce and topped on cooked pasta or served with breakfast potatoes and scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast bowl.