Recipe: Spicy Dill Mustard
Last updated: August 26, 2021, at 9:42 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 26, 2021, at 9:36 a.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Using a coffee grinder (used only for spices) or a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind both mustard seeds and transfer them to a glass jar.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to mix well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours and then store in the fridge.
Yields: 6 ounces
TIPS: Flavor will be best if allowed to sit for a few days before using. If you want to cut the spice, you can add a 1-2 teaspoons of honey.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA