Recipe: Spicy Dill Mustard
Last updated: August 26, 2021, at 9:42 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 26, 2021, at 9:36 a.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Using a coffee grinder (used only for spices) or a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind both mustard seeds and transfer them to a glass jar.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to mix well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours and then store in the fridge.
Yields: 6 ounces
TIPS: Flavor will be best if allowed to sit for a few days before using. If you want to cut the spice, you can add a 1-2 teaspoons of honey.