Recipe: Lebanese Garlic Sauce
Last updated: August 26, 2021, at 9:52 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 26, 2021, at 9:45 a.m. PT
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled (any green shoots removed)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups avocado oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice garlic cloves in half and place them in a food processor with the salt.
- Process for one minute or until finely minced, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in 1 tablespoon at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition.
- Continue slowly adding oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture begins to look creamy.
- Once it begins to look creamy and emulsified, you can slowly drizzle in the remaining oil, alternating with the lemon juice until both have been combined.
- Be patient! Resist pouring in oil or lemon juice too quickly.
Yields: Approximately 4 cups