Recipe: Lebanese Garlic Sauce
Last updated: August 26, 2021, at 9:52 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 26, 2021, at 9:45 a.m. PT
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled (any green shoots removed)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups avocado oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice garlic cloves in half and place them in a food processor with the salt.
- Process for one minute or until finely minced, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in 1 tablespoon at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition.
- Continue slowly adding oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture begins to look creamy.
- Once it begins to look creamy and emulsified, you can slowly drizzle in the remaining oil, alternating with the lemon juice until both have been combined.
- Be patient! Resist pouring in oil or lemon juice too quickly.
Yields: Approximately 4 cups
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA