Recipe: Sheetplan Eggs & Veggies
Last updated: January 21, 2021, at 12:44 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 21, 2021, at 12:31 p.m. PT
This hearty sheet pan meal is great when cooking for a crowd.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch swiss chard, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ rustic whole grain baguette, torn into large pieces
- Avocado oil spray
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and sauté sweet potato, onion and peppers until softened – about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove stems from chard and chop both the stems and leaves separately – set chopped leaves aside.
- Add chard stems to skillet and cook for 2 more minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and add chard leaves, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until leaves have just wilted.
- Place bread pieces on a baking sheet and spray evenly with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the sweet potato mixture and the greens over the baking sheet with the bread and use your hands to evenly arrange.
- Create 6 wells in the veggie mixture and crack one egg into each well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg whites have set and yolks are soft.
Look for pressurized avocado spray oil that uses no propellants and contains only oil.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA