Recipe: Huevos Rancheros
Last updated: January 21, 2021, at 12:43 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 21, 2021, at 12:40 p.m. PT
This simple dish comes together in just minutes for a quick and satisfying breakfast.
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cup salsa • ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs, over easy
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Heat beans, salsa, salt, pepper and cumin in a small pan and over medium heat.
- Simmer until most of the liquid from the salsa has been absorbed – about 5 minutes.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat and warm each tortilla until lightly browned.
- To serve, plate two tortillas and top with ¼ of the bean mixture and top with one egg.
- Garnish with cheese, cilantro and hot sauce, to taste.