Recipe: Shaved Carrot Salad
Last updated: March 22, 2023, at 5:01 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 12, 2020, at 1:14 p.m. PT
Grocery shopping less often doesn't mean you have to skimp on fresh fruits and veggies! Pick items like carrots that are hearty and will last longer between shopping trips. Here's an easy and healthy recipe to pack more nutrients into your day!
Yields: 2-4 servings
Total Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*If you do not have fresh parsley, you can substitute for 1 teaspoon dried parsley or dried dill.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave carrots into wide strips, rotating as you go.
- Finely chop the remaining core when you can no longer shave strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and honey to make the dressing.
- Add carrots, parsley, salt, and pepper to the dressing.
- Plate and enjoy!