Recipe: Savory Herb Dutch Baby With Lemon Burrata
Last updated: May 26, 2022, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 26, 2022, at 12:57 p.m. PT
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 ounces fresh burrata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a blender, mix 2 tablespoons of melted butter, eggs, milk, flour, and salt and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix parmesan, thyme, chives and basil.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 10” cast iron skillet and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Carefully, remove the skillet and pour in the batter and scatter the parmesan-herb mixture evenly over the top.
- Return skillet to oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown and puffy.
- Serve topped with scattered arugula and burrata topped with olive oil, lemon zest and lots of fresh ground black pepper.