Recipe: Roasted Veggie Chips
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 9:20 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 9:20 a.m. PT
You can use any combination of firm vegetables you like!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 medium beets
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Scrub vegetables thoroughly and dry. Trim any thin, tapered ends and save for another use.
- Using a mandolin or the slicing attachment on your food processor, slice into thin even rounds.
- Toss vegetables (beets separately) in avocado oil until evenly coated. You may need oil , depending on the size of your vegetables.
- Spread vegetables evenly in one layer, using two baking sheets if needed.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes and rotate pans, if using more than one.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and check for crispness. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes more if needed.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA