Recipe: Quick Pickled Carrots
Last updated: January 21, 2021, at 11:20 a.m. PT
Originally published: January 21, 2021, at 11:15 a.m. PT
These carrots will quickly become your favorite add on to any meal. Delicious in salads, on sandwiches or straight out of the jar!
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Combine carrots and salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to massage the carrots with the salt until the begin to soften.
- Heat honey, vinegar and water in a small saucepan until sugar has dissolved.
- Add peppercorns, red pepper flakes and garlic to a pint-sized glass jar and top with carrots, packing down as needed.
- Pour warm vinegar mixture over the carrots, topping with a bit of how water if needed.
- Close lid and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Carrots are ready as soon as they have cooled down and will last for at least a month in the fridge.