Recipe: Protein Rich Pizza Dough
Last updated: May 13, 2020, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 13, 2020, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Skip delivery and make your own wholesome pizza dough in minutes at home. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese and lots of veggies for a balanced meal.
Total Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Sauce, cheese and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add Greek yogurt and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
- Sprinkle a little more flour on a cutting board and knead the dough for about 8 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Add water or flour 1 tablespoon at a time if the dough seems to dry or wet.
- On a lightly floured baking sheet, roll your dough to your desired thickness and size.
- Use a fork to prick the dough all over.
- Bake plain dough in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and veggies.
- Return to oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.