Recipe: Protein Rich Pizza Dough
Last updated: May 13, 2020, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 13, 2020, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Skip delivery and make your own wholesome pizza dough in minutes at home. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese and lots of veggies for a balanced meal.
Total Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Sauce, cheese and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add Greek yogurt and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
- Sprinkle a little more flour on a cutting board and knead the dough for about 8 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Add water or flour 1 tablespoon at a time if the dough seems to dry or wet.
- On a lightly floured baking sheet, roll your dough to your desired thickness and size.
- Use a fork to prick the dough all over.
- Bake plain dough in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and veggies.
- Return to oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA