Recipe: Pan Seared Garlic Lemon Salmon
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:28 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 28, 2021, at 12:43 p.m. PT
- 16 ounces salmon filets
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Pat salmon dry and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cut lemon in half. Cut one half into thin slices and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet until shimmering.
- Place salmon, flesh side down and sear without disturbing for 3-4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Carefully flip filets and squeeze1/2 lemon juice over the seared salmon.
- Allow to cook for two more minutes.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and swirl around the salmon while cooking for another two minutes or until salmon is fully cooked and remove from heat.
- Transfer salmon from pan to a serving dish and top with lemon slices.
- Add parsley to hot pan and stir through garlic butter.
- Pour garlic butter over salmon filets and serve.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA