Recipe: One Pot Puttanesca
Last updated: September 30, 2022, at 10:43 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 30, 2022, at 10:43 a.m. PT
- 12 ounces dried linguine
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup capers
- 4 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large wide skilled, add pasta, tomatoes, olives, parsley, capers, water, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and stir frequently until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed – about 8-10 minutes.
- If it gets too dry before the pasta is cooked, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time until done.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and chickpeas until hot.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese and more pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve with a simple salad of baby arugula dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thinly sliced red onions.