Recipe: Mushroom Risotto (with Roasted Broccoli Rabe)
Last updated: March 28, 2022, at 9:36 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 25, 2022, at 12:23 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1-pound assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white wine or broth
- 6 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zested
- Sea salt & pepper
- ¼ grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat and add garlic, stirring for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add rice and stir until rice is coated in oil and begins to turn translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add mushrooms and wine.
- Cook until the wine has been nearly completely absorbed.
- Add broth, about a half cup at a time, and stir continuously until broth has been absorbed.
- Continue adding broth in half cup additions until absorbed until the rice is al dente and creamy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
TIP: Enjoy with Roasted Broccoli Rabe