Recipe: Lox & Cucumber Bites with Lemon Dill Goat Cheese
Last updated: November 19, 2021, at 4:47 p.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 1:53 p.m. PT
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 5 ounces cold smoked salmon (lox)
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh dill
- Using a fork, mix the goat cheese, yogurt, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large tip.
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving tray and top each with a small piece of salmon.
- Pipe the goat cheese mixture on top of the salmon and garnish with a small dill frond.
- Top with more freshly ground pepper.
If you do not have a piping bag, spread the goat cheese mixture on the cucumber slices first and then top with salmon and garnish.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA