Recipe: Lox & Cucumber Bites with Lemon Dill Goat Cheese
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:38 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 1:53 p.m. PT
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 5 ounces cold smoked salmon (lox)
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh dill
- Using a fork, mix the goat cheese, yogurt, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large tip.
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving tray and top each with a small piece of salmon.
- Pipe the goat cheese mixture on top of the salmon and garnish with a small dill frond.
- Top with more freshly ground pepper.
If you do not have a piping bag, spread the goat cheese mixture on the cucumber slices first and then top with salmon and garnish.