Recipe: Loaded Charcuterie Board
Last updated: November 22, 2022, at 2:18 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 21, 2022, at 12:01 p.m. PT
- 2-3 cheese selections (choose different textures like hard, creamy, etc.)
- Spreads, drizzles or dips (mustard, honey, jam, etc.)
- 2-3 cured meat selections
- Seasonal fresh or dried fruit (berries, grapes, figs, apricots, cranberries, etc.)
- Roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, etc.)
- Other crunchies (crunchy chickpeas, cheese crisps, etc.)
- Brined selection (olives, cornichons, pickled veggies, etc.)
- Fresh veggie slices (cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
- Garnishes (edible flowers, fresh rosemary, thyme or sage leaves)
- Something sweet (chocolate covered almonds, dark chocolate)
- Crackers or small slices of bread
- Determine how many you’ll be serving. You’ll want about 1-2 ounces of cheese and 1-2 ounces of cured meat per person.
- Pick a board or platter large enough for the cheese selections with several inches of space in between to fill with the rest of your components.
- First place your cheeses and then a small jar or container for any spreads then fill in open spaces first with cured meats and then remaining ingredients.
- Tuck items in tightly, avoiding empty spaces on the board or platter.
- If you run out of room, serve crackers or bread on the side.
- Get creative and play around with ratios of the foods you prefer! These components are completely customizable to suit your taste!