Recipe: Loaded Avocado Toast
Last updated: January 27, 2022, at 2:53 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 27, 2022, at 2:53 p.m. PT
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ½ lemon
- 2 ounces prosciutto or lox (optional)
- heirloom tomato, sliced
- Flaky sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 handful of microgreens
- Everything but the bagel seasoning blend
- Place toasted bread on serving plates.
- Divide and layer each piece of toast with avocado, a squeeze of lemon juice, prosciutto, and sliced tomato.
- Season tomatoes with flaky sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, 1 tablespoon of water, and cover with a lid, cooking until egg whites are set, and yolks are done to your liking.
- Place one cooked egg on top of tomatoes and garnish with microgreens and seasoning blend.