Recipe: Southwest Fish Street Tacos
Last updated: March 29, 2023, at 6:36 a.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2023, at 9:45 a.m. PT
- 1 pound firm white fish (cod, halibut)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 avocados, cubed
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over fish.
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, chili powder, cayenne and salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is cooked throughout.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, honey, garlic powder, lime juice, chipotle pepper and water until smooth.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet and top each with flaked fish, shredded cabbage, avocado, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with Cotija and serve with lime for squeezing.