Recipe: Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
The same seasonings can be used to sauté cooked lentils or quinoa for a vegan sausage alternative.
- 1-pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Place turkey in a bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix gently with your hands until just combined.
- Sausage mixture can be formed into patties and cooked in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side) OR used in the Sausage and Greens Breakfast Skillet (recipe here).