Recipe: Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
The same seasonings can be used to sauté cooked lentils or quinoa for a vegan sausage alternative.
- 1-pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Place turkey in a bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix gently with your hands until just combined.
- Sausage mixture can be formed into patties and cooked in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side) OR used in the Sausage and Greens Breakfast Skillet (recipe here).
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA