Recipe: Sausage and Greens Breakfast Skillet
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
This hearty dish is quick to throw together for breakfast or a quick weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 8 cups chopped kale leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 fried eggs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over tomatoes on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until skins have split – about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking with a wooden spoon until browned and almost cooked all the way.
- Add kale, garlic, green onion, and water and continue cooking until the sausage is cooked through and the kale has wilted. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture among four plates and top with roasted tomatoes and eggs (if using).