Recipe: Sausage and Greens Breakfast Skillet
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
This hearty dish is quick to throw together for breakfast or a quick weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 8 cups chopped kale leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 fried eggs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over tomatoes on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until skins have split – about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking with a wooden spoon until browned and almost cooked all the way.
- Add kale, garlic, green onion, and water and continue cooking until the sausage is cooked through and the kale has wilted. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture among four plates and top with roasted tomatoes and eggs (if using).
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA