Recipe: Spanakopita Scramble
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:13 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:13 p.m. PT
This no-fuss version of spanakopita is hearty enough to take center stage at breakfast, lunch, OR dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 4 pieces hearty, whole grain bread, grilled or toasted
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté for a few minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, to taste and cook until hot.
- Push spinach mixture to the side of the skillet and add eggs.
- Cook, stirring gently until eggs begin to set but are still a little wet.
- Add feta and sun-dried tomatoes to eggs and fold in the spinach mixture.
- Serve with grilled bread and a bit more salt and pepper if desired.