Recipe: Spanakopita Scramble
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 1:13 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 1:13 p.m. PT
This no-fuss version of spanakopita is hearty enough to take center stage at breakfast, lunch, OR dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 4 pieces hearty, whole grain bread, grilled or toasted
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté for a few minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, to taste and cook until hot.
- Push spinach mixture to the side of the skillet and add eggs.
- Cook, stirring gently until eggs begin to set but are still a little wet.
- Add feta and sun-dried tomatoes to eggs and fold in the spinach mixture.
- Serve with grilled bread and a bit more salt and pepper if desired.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA