Recipe: Grilled Peaches with Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Last updated: August 9, 2021, at 11:10 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 5, 2021, at 7:56 p.m. PT
- 2 large peaches – ripe but firm
- Avocado spray oil
- 4 very ripe bananas, frozen
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Brush or spray each half with oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Grill over medium heat, cut side down for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook for a few minutes more – or until peaches are soft. Set aside.
- Place frozen bananas, yogurt, and honey in your food processor.
- Process just long enough until creamy, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Serve each peach half topped with a generous scoop of frozen yogurt and sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon.
The frozen yogurt will have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. For a firmer texture, transfer to a small baking dish and freeze for up to 2 hours.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA