Recipe: Chitrannam (Lemon Rice)
Last updated: August 10, 2021, at 2:42 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 10, 2021, at 2:42 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup cashews or peanuts
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 hot green chile, halved
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon urad dal (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice, refrigerated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat oil over medium heat and add mustard, nuts, ginger, chile, cumin, curry leaves, and urad dal.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until nuts are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in the turmeric, cold rice, lemon juice, and salt.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro