Recipe: Garlicky Hearty Greens
Last updated: January 4, 2022, at 1:53 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 4, 2022, at 1:53 p.m. PT
- 1 large bunch of hearty greens (kale, chard, collards, etc.), well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Remove and discard stems from the greens.
- Chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add greens, in batches if needed, season to taste with salt, and toss continuously until leaves are bright green and have softened slightly.
- Add garlic and stir for one minute more.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, and serve immediately.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA