Recipe: Farro Breakfast Bowls
Last updated: January 4, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 4, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. PT
- ½ cup uncooked farro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 batch Garlicky Hearty Greens
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 soft boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 lemon wedges
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add farro. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add cooked farro and season with cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt, stirring well.
- Divide farro between two bowls and top with avocado, tomatoes, greens, yogurt, eggs, and serve with a lemon wedge.
PERFECT SOFT-BOILED EGGS: Bring one inch of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Carefully add eggs (up to 6) to the water and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook eggs for 6 ½ minutes and immediately cool under running water until cool enough to handle.