Recipe: Farro Breakfast Bowls
Last updated: January 4, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 4, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. PT
- ½ cup uncooked farro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 batch Garlicky Hearty Greens
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 soft boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 lemon wedges
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add farro. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add cooked farro and season with cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt, stirring well.
- Divide farro between two bowls and top with avocado, tomatoes, greens, yogurt, eggs, and serve with a lemon wedge.
PERFECT SOFT-BOILED EGGS: Bring one inch of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Carefully add eggs (up to 6) to the water and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook eggs for 6 ½ minutes and immediately cool under running water until cool enough to handle.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA