Recipe: Feta Pasta Bake
Last updated: August 24, 2022, at 11:04 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 24, 2022, at 11:04 a.m. PT
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, halved, lengthwise
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 7-ounce block Greek feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a 9x13” baking dish and toss to coat.
- Place the block of feta in the center of the dish and pour the remaining ¼ cup olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle dish with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until garlic has softened and tomato skins have burst.
- While tomato mixture is roasting, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain pasta.
- Use a fork to mash the roasted tomatoes and feta until evenly mixed and add cooked pasta, adding reserved pasta water a bit at a time as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Season, to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with more crushed red pepper and fresh basil.