Recipe: Green Goddess Salad
Last updated: August 24, 2022, at 11:25 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 24, 2022, at 11:25 a.m. PT
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- In a food processor, combine the basil, spinach, garlic, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, cashews and red wine vinegar and pulse until finely chopped.
- With processor running, slowly pour in olive oil until emulsified – adding a bit more oil if needed.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss lettuce with dressing and serve with any desired toppings.
- Shaved parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Roasted sunflower seeds
- Chopped green onions
- Julienned bell pepper