Recipe: Dark Chocolate Turtles
Last updated: December 8, 2022, at 3:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 8, 2022, at 3:33 p.m. PT
- 1 heaping cup pitted dates
- 2 oz pecan halves
- 3 ½ ounces dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt
- Place dates in food processor and run until smooth.
- Using wet hands, divide dates into 15 balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press two or three pecan halves into each ball to flatten.
- Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler over low heat until smooth.
- Take pecan mixture out of the freezer and spoon a small amount of melted chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flaky salt over each as you go and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
YIELDS: About 15 pieces