Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Last updated: December 12, 2022, at 11:15 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 8, 2022, at 3:27 p.m. PT
- 1 ¼ cups natural peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Remove from freezer and using wet hands, roll about1 ½ tablespoon of dough into balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer until ready to dip in chocolate.
- Mix chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler on low heat until melted and stir until smooth.
- Dip peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off well. Return to parchment lined baking sheet and store in the fridge or freezer until chocolate has set or until ready to serve.
YIELDS: About 2 dozen pieces