Recipe: Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
Last updated: August 26, 2021, at 9:24 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 26, 2021, at 9:13 a.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 6 cups broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onion. Saute until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook one minute more.
- Add pumpkin puree, lentils, broth, curry powder, and garam masala and stir well.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste and more curry/garam masala powder as needed.