Recipe: Coconut Curry Ramen With Tofu
Last updated: December 12, 2022, at 11:12 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 8, 2022, at 2:53 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 8 oz dry ramen noodles
- 4 baby bok choy chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large wide pot over medium heat and add cubed tofu.
- Saute until browned and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the same pot, add shallot, garlic, ginger and mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and stir for two minutes before pouring in coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles and cook according to package directions – about 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy to slightly wilt and divide noodles, mushrooms, bok choy, and broth between bowls.
- Top each bowl with carrots, green onions, and cilantro.