Recipe: Classic Hummus
Last updated: March 28, 2022, at 10:02 a.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2022, at 10:23 a.m. PT
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained/rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- ¾ teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt, cumin, and paprika into a food processor work bowl.
- Pulse until roughly blended.
- With food processor running, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture until smooth.
- Serve with warm flatbreads and cut veggies.
- If your hummus seems dry, you can drizzle in a bit more oil or water until you’ve reached your desired consistency.