Recipe: Chipotle Lime Tofu Burgers
Last updated: July 24, 2023, at 3:48 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 24, 2023, at 3:48 p.m. PT
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 (14 oz) block Super Firm Tofu
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable better than bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili lime seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumi
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Combine red onion, tofu, egg, tamari, bouillon, garlic powder, chili lime seasoning, coriander, cumin, paprika, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, lime zest and juice, chipotle pepper, and maple syrup in a food processor and pulse until mixture begins to come together.
- Use your hands to firmly press mixture into four equal patties and refrigerate while you toast your buns and prep the burger fixings.
- Heat 2 teaspoons avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook for five minutes or until deep golden brown and then carefully flip – cooking another 5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Place bottom bun on a plate, layer lettuce, burger patty, a slice of tomato, avocado, and top bun and enjoy!