Recipe: Cheesy Garlic Croutons
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 10:43 a.m. PT
These vegan croutons pair beautifully with tomato soup as well as your favorite salad.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups of cubed bread, preferably whole grain
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oil, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder in a large mixing bow.
- Add bread and toss to thoroughly coat with oil mixture.
- Spread out on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy on the outside and slightly chewy in the middle.
- Allow to cool briefly before adding to soups or salads.