Recipe: Cheesy Garlic Croutons
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 10:43 a.m. PT
These vegan croutons pair beautifully with tomato soup as well as your favorite salad.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups of cubed bread, preferably whole grain
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oil, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder in a large mixing bow.
- Add bread and toss to thoroughly coat with oil mixture.
- Spread out on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy on the outside and slightly chewy in the middle.
- Allow to cool briefly before adding to soups or salads.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA