Published: July 21, 2020, at 4:25 p.m. PT
Last updated: July 21, 2020, at 4:29 p.m. PT
Try this WOD (workout of the day)! Before starting any exercises, remember to warm up, stretch, and drink plenty of water.
In a quiet space, spend 5-10 minutes in each posture. For more support and effortless postures, utilize blankets, pillows, yoga blocks, and yoga straps or a long towel.
- Supta Baddha Konasana – Prop the back and head on bolsters or pillows. Bring soles of the feet together and use blocks/pillows under the knees.
- Upavista Konasana (Wide Leg Fold) – Extend legs as wide as possible, bend knees if needed and bring forehead to floor without adding a curve to the spine. Place bolster or pillow under chest and head for a more relaxing posture.
- Childs Pose – Spread knees wide with big toes touching. Use block or pillow to support head, if needed.
- Bridge Pose – Choose to hold posture or lift/lower hips when needed. Use a block or pillow under sacrum for support.
- Legs Up the Wall – Place legs up the wall, making sure to have heals to hamstrings connect to surface. Utilize a blanket or pillow under lower back for more support. Posture can be done off the wall with a strap or long towel around the soles of the feet.
- Savasana – Lay silently in meditation to end your practice. Place a rolled up blanket under your shoulders or knees for extra support.