Recipe: Wild Rice Stuffing
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 2:56 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 30, 2020, at 1:05 p.m. PT
WILD RICE STUFFING
This whole grain version of the winter staple offers heart-healthy fats, antioxidants, whole grains, and loads of flavor.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté celery, onion, wild rice, and garlic for 3 minutes. Add broth and sage and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in brown rice and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Stuffing can be made one day ahead and reheated just before serving.