Recipe: Watermelon & Feta Salad
Last updated: June 28, 2022, at 9:02 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 28, 2022, at 9:02 a.m. PT
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- ½ red onion, cut into thin half-moon
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Layer the watermelon on a large serving platter.
- Scatter the red onion, feta, and basil on top.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the top right before serving.
- Use store-bought or make your own by simply heating 2 cups balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced by at least half. It should coat the back of a spoon but will thicken more upon cooling.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a month.